Stars are the celestial bodies which can emit heat and light continuously. Every star is a huge mass of hot gases and emit big flames. Stars appear to twinkle at night which is a visual illusion because of the disturbances on the atmosphere. The sun being the closet star of the earth, the bright light of sun make other stars invisible during day time.
The bodies which revolve around the sun in a certain orbit are called planets. There are following eight planets: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.
Planets vs Stars
1. Planets do not twinkle in the sky.
2. They have no light.
3. They revolve around the sun.
4. Planets are small as compared to star.
1. Stars twinkle in the sky.
2. They have their own light.
3. They are fixed at a point.
4. They are very big in size.