1. it is the first sub stage of interphase.
2. Synthesis of RNAs and proteins needed for cell growth and DNA replication are synthesized during G1 phase.
3. Some cells like nerve cells stop dividing and enter G0 phase, a resting stage without progressing to S phase.
4. It is followed by S phase in which DNA replication occurs.
1. it is the last sub stage of interphase.
2. Synthesis of proteins needed for spindle formation and mitosis are synthesized during G2 phase.
3. All cells in G2 will progress to mitosis.
4. It is followed by mitosis where cell divides to form two genetically identical cells.