1. It is the real phase of cell division where cell actually divides .
2. Mitosis consists of karyokinesis (prophase, metaphase, anaphase, telophase) and cytokinesis.
3. The chromosomes are more condensed distinct rod like structures and is thickest during metaphase.
4. It extends for a short time accounting 5% of total duration of the cell cycle.
1. It is the phase between two successive mitotic division.
2. Interphase consists of G1, S and G2 phase.
3. The chromosomes are less condensed and appear as chromatin material( thread like).
4. It extends for a long time accounting 95% of total duration of the cell cycle.