Cold blooded vs Warm blooded animals
Ectotherms vs Endotherms / Poikilotherms vs Homeotherms
Cold blooded animals:
- Also known as ecotherms, poikilothermal animals.
- They are unable to regulate their body temperature which changes with temperature of environment.
- Examples: Fish, Reptilia (Frog and Lizards).
Warm blooded animals:
- Also known as endotherms, homeothermal animals.
- They maintain constant body temperature and will not change according to the temperature of the surroundings.
- These two activities (Hibernation and aestivation) rarely occur in these animals.
- Examples: Aves, Mammals